Commercial / Industrial Iron, Sulphur & Manganese Filters
Excalibur commercial/industrial iron, sulphur & manganese filters are most often used to filter iron content from water but these units work in such a way as to reduce the concentration of both Manganese and Sulphur in treated water.
Iron is present in some proportion in most groundwater sources, and prevents other treatment components from operating properly.
A common application for iron filters is in preparing water for commercial boilers, where feedwater iron content should be less than 20ppb. At higher concentrations, iron can quickly falls out of solution and stick to surfaces causing scaling and fouling. It can also plug filters and plumbing and foul Reverse Osmosis membranes. When in contact with boiler tubes, it causes fouling that inhibits heat transfer and boiler efficiency. These systems also remove hydrogen sulphide, which has an objectionable odor and is highly corrosive, as well as other metals that can compromise plumbing and RO membranes.
Cooling Towers and postprocess remediation systems are also sensitive to high levels of iron. Excalibur’s iron filters reduce iron concentration to appropriate levels.
Our Iron, Sulphur & Manganese Filters are available in a wide range of flow rates.
1.0" Simplex & Duplex EWS Series Iron, Sulphur & Manganese Filters
Commercial / Industrial filtration system that provides clean, clear water.
Flow rates from 1-27 USGPM. For larger flow rates, see the Excalibur Water Systems website.
- Flow Rates up to 27 USGPM
- Internal Electronic Flow Meter range 0.25-27 USGPM
- Fully adjustable 6 cycle valve
- Four methods to initiate regeneration: metered immediate, metered delayed, time clock delayed, or pressure differential
- Duplex filters utilize MAV controls to provide regeneration
- Iron, Hydrogen Sulphide and Manganese removal up to 10 ppm
- Utilizing continuous chlorine injection or ozone injection